Venturing into relief works

 As you all know, I am very interested in getting viewers to experience my work. I do not like it when people stand in front of my works - I want them to move around and interact with it from various angles .For instance, In the wave relief series, the voluminous folds actually shift in appearance when seen from different angles. Likewise, for my sculptures, the usage of multiple intersecting metal planes means that that the work does not have a single viewpoint - you, as a viewer should move around the object to grasp its entirety. 



This morning, I stumbled upon an interesting artist named Markus Raetz who also likes to experiment with how viewers can interact with his sculpture. His sculptures, when viewed from a different angle, are able to transform into something entirely different! Check out some of his works! The optical illusion in some of them are just mind blowing: